Monday, February 18, 2008

Why Learning English So Hard AArr?



One day my friend asked me, why is it so hard to learn English? I smile at him.Then i told him that I myself also have the difficulty in learning English too. But for me, I have ways or technique that I consider them as fun in learning English. So I told him the ways that I think suitable (well at least it suites me!).

Reading materials


Generally, everyone knows that we can learn English through reading materials such as book, magazines, etc. We can read whatever materials that we love to read. So by reading, it can improves our English and vocabulary.


Visual material

Well, this is the second way that we can learn English. What I meant by using visual materials for example such as watching movies, documentary, etc (that are spoken in English of course!).
Usually in Malaysia, when we watching movies, etc. in television, there will be Malay subtitles or translations . So , while watching them, hear what the actor or actress spoke carefully and see the subtitles for translation. By doing that, we will learn to hear and understand what they are spoken.



Audio materials

I love this part of learning English because I like music. We can do so by using our skill of hearing
and see the lyrics to see what they are singing about. You can choose any kind of English songs that you like. In my opinion, rock,grunge,metal and all sort of hardcore music is good in learning English.Of course if we think once, it has very bad influence. But, in my opinion, the lyrics have advance vocabulary and usually using English literature. So, use it for English learning purpose and not for the bad deeds because Allah give us a precious gift that is called BRAIN to think and isolate what is good and bad.


Well. That's all that I can share for now. See you on the other posts :)



2 comments:

eMMa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eMMa said...

good post ray! i would like to add one more techniq - write in english! its more effective than speaking. sorry, had to edit lg tp encik varan dah start mengajar. see u in class.