Wednesday, March 26, 2008

MUSIC ...MUSIX...MUSE-IT...


Music is lingering around us nowadays. We can get many information of types and roots of music as we surf through the internet. It brings lots of influences to people as its being evolved from time to time.

Personally, I like to share my opinions about music with anybody. It’s kind of fun when we can exchange lots of ideas about it. Some of the people especially the underground band don’t like the “emo” type of music. I asked them what is the “emo” music. They told me that “emo” music is like “glamrock” or “metal” but the lyrics pertaining women, love story, etc. So I guess I know why “emo” doesn’t suit them well. Another person claim himself as a universal music listener. Then, I told him about “dangdut” song that heard last night. With an annoyed face expression he said “Don’t talk about dangdut in front of me. I hate “dangdut”! I thought to myself, isn’t a universal music listeners suppose to love all kind of music without any bias?

A friend of mine is also music listening enthusiasts. But I attracted to his opinion. He said that he didn’t mind that what songs or music he is listened to as long as it is fascinating and suits him. Well, I was pretty agreeing with him because to me it doesn’t mean if I keen in “black metal” music so I can’t listen to “keroncong” music. Well it makes sense, doesn’t it?

I like what Edry Hashim, one of the Malaysian guitarist said “If we in the state of relaxing, it didn’t make sense if we listened to rock, metal or grunge music. Maybe the “classical” or “nasyid” are better depends on the current situation. Michael Angelo, one of the world guitar shredders also has an interesting opinion. He said that “Instead of criticized that guitar shredder technique is better than another guitar shredders and vice versa, it’s better if we learn the guitar techniques from all of the guitar shredders without any bias because every one of them got different skills in playing the guitar. So we can posses’ different skills from them and this could improve ourselves instead.

So, that’s some of my opinions. How about you? You guys are welcome to leave any comments or opinions. See you on the next post!! : )

No comments: